Inner Work in the Fourth Way Tradition
of GI Gurdjieff and JG Bennett
Online group work, teachings, and practices
The Gurdjieff Work, and all genuine inner work traditions, are live and in-person by definition. The potential for understanding, effort, and help are supported by the physical presence and atmosphere of people coming together in shared effort and presence.
At times circumstances are such that in-person group work is made impossible.
This is the case now when we are unable to gather in groups. The conditions imposed by the pandemic produce a great inner need for people to make contact with an inner work teaching. In response to this need, we are a Harmonious Development group that will meet weekly to help grow the force of stillness and presence in the midst of the storm.
- Self-Observation – learning to see without judgment, and study the instrument
- Attention – stages and effects of attention on our being and the world around us
- Identification – getting stuck on what we are not, and abiding in who we are
- Energy – wasted, conserved, and generated
- Centers – observing, inhabiting, and remembering
- Essence & Personality – what we are, and what is learned
- Harmonious Development – working for balance and integration to evoke true wakefulness
- Levels of Consciousness – noticing the effects of, and means of affecting our level of consciousness
- Levels of Being – stages of development and maturation of being
- Three Lines of Work – work on oneself, with and for others, and for the Work
The online group is meant primarily for people who have attended inner work retreats with me at some point in the past. That said, others are welcome to apply and enroll pending discussion of interest and readiness to participate. The primary criteria is wish and capacity to undertake the work, in both theoretical understanding and daily practice.
We will begin with a 12-week series of meetings on April 1. Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 10am Eastern (7am Pacific) and run for an hour and a half. Meetings will consist of inner exercises, teachings, group discussions, and themes for inner work during the intervening week.
If you are interested in participating, click here.